Monday, February 18, 2013

About Levi..Psalm 9:1-2 I will give thanks to the Lord with my whole heart; I will recount all of your wonderful deeds, I will be glad and exult in You; I will sing praises to your name, O Most High

Oh how I already love him.. ♥
shaking his lion
enjoying the iPad..alot
Miss Spider app is a hit with Levi
Mat's not feeling to well today so my visit today with Levi was by myself. I enjoyed the time with him very much.. - Just like his brother, Eli, he's very shy and not very responsive at first. Today he sat in my lap with his face hidden in my hair for about 20 minutes before peeking out at me. He grinds his teeth in a manner that's very aggressive and the sound of it is painful to hear. I think he was nervous with me at first because Irma said he doesn't normally grind them with such force.Once he finally peeked out at me and I was able to hold his interest by talking to him,  kissing his cheeks (he has great kissable cheeks :) and his hands he started smiling at me and shaking his rattle and the teeth grinding stopped all together. He loves to hold small things in his hands. He has this plush lion rattle that he's had since he first came to Irma's that he loves the best of all. I asked if we could buy her a replacement rattle so that he can take this one with him home and she said  "no replacement" -she told our interpreter, Ani, that he has several that he loves and she would be happy for him to have them all.  :) I got to spend quite a bit of time with him today and it was relaxing, informative and loving. Levi is very delayed in his mental progress. I think at best he's about at a 1 year old level. I don't know how much of it has to do with his living enviorment and how much is just Levi. Watching Irma with him and the other children in her care right now (4 other little one's with DS too) I can see that she's very loving and tender to them, but there really is no intentional interaction, no talking to them for very long, more taking at them, no playing with toys, but toys are all over the place. Today when we got there Levi was sitting in his little red chair, in the middle of the room with nothing around him to reach for or to play with...except for his lion rattle which he held in his hand. I remember reading on is initial report from Reeces Rainbow in 08 when Levi was just 3 that he was "lagging in his mental progress". I was expecting that, but I wasn't expecting him to be so lagging. It makes me feel fearful that I won't be able to be all that he needs me to be for him. I know when we get home he'll be loved on a great deal, and it won't be hard to do because he's a very loving little boy who longs for physical touch, to be held tight and to be talked to. He looks at you with such intent when your talking to him...or maybe it's just that he was thinking "what's she saying?" lol  Today I took my iPad and showed him a Miss Spider reading app I have on it. I thought it would be the best one since he's more of a quite little guy. He LOVED it and wanted to watch it over and over again.
I know God has blessed us with this little boy and that even in my fear God will use Levi as another little teacher in my life and in the lives of his brothers and sisters and those who come to know him. I'm so thankful for this privilege to be Levi's mama..and I know that in my weakness, God Almighty is my strength and He will give both Mat and I the direction we need to parent each of our beautiful blessed gifts. Tomorrow we get to take Levi out of his foster home for the first time. We'll take him to a park and also plan to bring him back to our apartment for a bit so he can be acquainted with it before his final transfer into our care. Please keep Mat in your prayers and our little mister too as the biggest change in his life is about to happen.
♥ Blessings, Till next time, Lysha.

1 comment:

Nance said...

Praying for ALL! He is BEAUTIFUL!!! I am SO happy this time has come for all of you! SO SO Happy!!